The rowing program at Spring Physio Gym is overseen by Fiona Milne, our senior physiotherapist and a co-director at Spring.
Fiona has competed in rowing events at an elite level for over 7 years, representing Canada in the 2000 and 2004 Olympics, and competing in World Cup and World Championship events.
Fiona holds a Level 2 qualification in rowing coaching and is well qualified to lead the rowing focus here at Spring Physio Gym.
Focus on rowing technique modification and injury management
We offer comprehensive services to rowers, focussing on technique modification and injury management. These include:
- Prompt assessment, treatment and management of rowing injuries
- Assessing technique to maximize efficiency and minimize injury
- Physiotherapist supervised pilates and strengthening classes for rowers
- Pre-season musculoskeletal screening to develop a preventive strengthening program for those predisposed to injury
- Dorsa Vi Movement Assessment on the ergometer
- Guided alternative training programs while recovering from injury
- Direct communication with coaches and/or program directors regarding an athlete’s condition, if consent is given by the athlete.
- Group sessions led by a physiotherapist at Spring Physio Gym or at your school or boat club can be arranged during school camps/ weekends
Who can benefit from this program
This program is appropriate for:
- School rowers
- School rowing programs
- Club rowers
- Masters rowers
- Elite rowers