Our Physiotherapists are experts in the management of musculoskeletal injury. At Spring Physio Group we use our knowledge of the body, injury and healing, along with exercise prescription, to maximise your return to full function, and prevent recurrence.
Restore your movement, regain your strength, maintain your fitness
Each injury has an individual presentation. This may relate to cause, pre-existing factors, stage of injury, early management, age and other factors. Our treatment approach is built around three principles:
Restore your movement, Regain your strength, AND Maintain your fitness.
Our Physiotherapy consults start with an initial assessment with your physiotherapist to gain a thorough understanding of your current injury, activity levels and goals. You will then be guided through all phases of your rehabilitation, leading you back to your best physical function. This will include:
- Accurate injury diagnosis, with communication and referral to other health practitioners where appropriate.
- Maintenance of fitness, strength and range of movement of non-injured parts
- Exercise lead and supervised by your Physio at our clinics and your individually tailored home exercise program
- Restoration of muscle strength, balance and co-ordination
- Reducing the factors contributing to injury.
Your initial appointment
Starting with an initial appointment, your physiotherapist will perform a careful assessment of your injury and develop a management plan to bring you back to your full potential. Your treatment may involve manual techniques such as joint mobilisation and massage and exercises such as stretching or strengthening.
Both Spring Physio Gym and Kooyong Physiotherapy Centre have treatment rooms and equipment suited to treating injuries in the immediate phase post injury.
Our Spring Physio Gym site is specifically designed for the phase of rehabilitation that occurs after initial healing. This involves returning to movement, strength and function. Some common injuries that we manage back to best function are:
- Sprain and strain (e.g. ankle sprain, rotator cuff tear, corked leg)
- Neck and back injury (e.g. slipped disc, whiplash)
- Overuse injury (e.g. bursitis, tendon injuries)
- Post surgery (eg. ACL repair, joint replacement, spinal surgery, etc)
Expert management is important in maximising the body's natural repair process, in order to return to normal activities of daily living, sport and work as quickly and effectively as possible. At Spring Physio Group we carefully structure your programme to:
- Manage an appropriate return to activity
- Address factors contributing to injury (e.g. muscle imbalance, poor fitness, inflexibility)
- Prevent recurrence