We are open for all services
The COVID-19 pandemic is an ever changing situation and as such we continue to remain flexible to allow delivery of healthcare services at the same time as maintaining a safe environment for our patients and staff.
As we navigate through this transition to living with COVID-19 we must insist on some further requirements for the safety of our staff, our patient community and to reduce the risk of periods of closure due to exposure.
If you are currently experiencing symptoms of cold or flu, or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19 please notify us to arrange a telehealth option for your appointment.
Current restrictions and services effected - updated October, 2022.
- Masks are strongly recommended for all patients 12+ for face to face services.
- Social distancing must be observed onsite at all times.
- If you have an appointment you will be contacted by SMS, email or phone if your service is currently not available.
We have many options depending on your personal needs and health status to help keep you safe and secure during these new times. We offer both on-site services and telehealth services.
- On-site physiotherapy services including routine and exercise therapy
- Telehealth consultations via video conferencing platforms such as Zoom
- Virtual 'stay at home' exercise classes for small groups
- Exercise program prescription for keeping fit at home
Enhanced measures for your safety
Your health matters to us, so we have implemented enhanced measures in our practices to ensure that we are able to keep our doors open to help those in pain and in need of Physiotherapy treatment.
The current changes in place include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitising measures will continue to be upheld at both sites.
- We encourage you to arrive on-time for your appointment. Not only avoiding arriving late, as we may not be able to accommodate your appointment if you are late but also avoiding arriving more than a few minutes early. This is to avoid sitting in the waiting room for extended periods of time.
- If you are experiencing or have experienced symptoms including a fever, cough or sore throat within 7 days of your scheduled treatment, please do advise our practice prior to visiting to receive your treatment or attending our classes.
For whatever reason you are unable to attend the practice onsite we can come to you through telehealth. This will allow you to continue treatment with your Physio and stay on the road to recovery. Please call us to arrange a telehealth appointment with your physiotherapist.
Please rest assured that we are continuing to monitor this situation closely and maintaining communication with local and government authorities. Links are below for reference and to keep yourself up-to-date: