We are still open
The COVID-19 pandemic is an ever changing situation and as such we continue to remain flexible to allow delivery of healthcare services at the same time as maintaining a safe environment for our patients and staff.
As we navigate through this transition to living with COVID-19 we must insist on some further requirements for the safety of our staff, our patient community and to reduce the risk of periods of closure due to exposure.
If you are currently experiencing symptoms of cold or flu, or have been to an exposure site of COVID-19 within 14 days please notify us to arrange a telehealth option for your appointment.
Current restrictions and services effected to due to restrictions Oct 11, 2021
- Masks must be worn by all patients 12+.
- Social distancing must be observed onsite at all times.
- Onsite group classes are currently not permitted
- As of Monday 11 Oct, we will require all patients 16+ to have proof 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccination for all face-to-face services. This includes carers or guardians of patients entering the practice. Telehealth options for appointments are available for unvaccinated patients.
If you have an appointment you will be contacted by SMS, email or phone if your service is currently not available.
We have many options depending on your personal needs and health status to help keep you safe and secure during these new times. We offer both on-site services and telehealth services.
- On-site physiotherapy services
- Telehealth consultations via video conferencing platforms such as Zoom
- Virtual 'stay at home' exercise classes for small groups
- Exercise program prescription for keeping fit at home
Enhanced measures for your safety
Your health matters to us, so we have implemented enhanced measures in our practices to ensure that we are able to keep our doors open to help those in pain and in need of Physiotherapy treatment.
The current changes in place include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitising measures will continue to be upheld at both sites.
- We are restricting our practices to one person per four square metres.
- 1:1 clinical exercise sessions are still available at both practices.
- We encourage you to arrive on-time for your appointment. Not only avoiding arriving late, as we may not be able to accommodate your appointment if you are late but also avoiding arriving more than a few minutes early. This is to avoid sitting in the waiting room for extended periods of time.
- For your safety and to help stop the spread of COVID-19, a temperature check may be required upon arrival.
If you are experiencing or have experienced symptoms including a fever, cough or sore throat within 14 days of your scheduled treatment, please do advise our practice prior to visiting to receive your treatment or attending our classes.
If within the last 14 days of your appointment you have been a close contact with a person who has tested positive for coronavirus or suspect that you may have the virus, please reschedule your appointment and get tested for coronavirus and isolate until you receive your results.
For whatever reason you are unable to attend the practice onsite we can come to you through telehealth. This will allow you to continue treatment with your Physio and stay on the road to recovery. Please call us to arrange a telehealth appointment with your physiotherapist.
Please rest assured that we are continuing to monitor this situation closely and maintaining communication with local and government authorities. Links are below for reference and to keep yourself up-to-date: