Staying Strong, Supple and Sane in ISO
We are all in this Together! This 2nd lockdown has certainly challenged us all on so many levels. Exercise, as one of the permitted activities we can do,
can help our physical, mental and emotional health tremendously. Are you doing the right exercise to optimize your current health and wellness or sporting
Current recommendations, as published by WHO, Australian DHS, and other global health organizations for adults are as follows:
At least 3 sessions of aerobic exercise/ week totalling up to:
150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise (walking or easy bike ride)
75 min of vigorous activity (running, hill walking or fast bike riding)
It is also recommended 2 or 3 strength sessions/week including resistance work with weights, bands or body weight exercises.
While we all feel locked up and restricted in our activities at home, there are numerous ways to meet these goals.
- Try adding hills or stair climbing into your daily walks to get some higher intensity aerobic work.
- Add a challenging body weight circuit that can be done at home twice per week.
- Try skipping, boxing or running for higher intensity work if injury free.
- Join a Spring Physio Gym and Kooyong Physiotherapy program:
- Zoom Functional Fitness classes,
- Zoom pilates,
- Custom designed home exercise programs
Use this opportunity to make your rehabilitation goals a priority and come out of lockdown fitter and stronger than before!
Call us for booking or further information.