This physiotherapist designed and run program will help your teenager begin to understand how their body works; the relevance of posture and their core muscles; and what is involved for correct technique in strength training exercise.
This program will involve a block of six classes offered over a two-week period throughout the School Holidays. Each class will have a maximum of 6 participants.
There is some flexibility in attendance to accommodate sporting camps or family holiday commitments.
The course will include:
- Flexibility exercises
- Ergo / sport assessment
- Core strength/ Pilates exercises
- Correction of faulty movement patterns
- General strength circuit
- Prescription of a home exercise routine for each participant to continue throughout the term
This program is appropriate for rowers, footballers, cricketers and other athletes with:
- An injury that kept them out of the boat or participating in their sport during the last season
- Poor posture
- Poor core strength
- Poor flexibility
- A desire to improve strength/ technique and prevent any injuries this season